What exactly is Centering® and who owns/operates it?
* Centering is a holistic practice which offers powerful stress relief, healing, intuitive development, and empowerment practices to eliminate suffering, find inner peace, and create your dreams. Marjorie Baker Price is founder and owner of Centering®
How long has Centering been around for?
* Marjorie Baker Price started Centering in 1987. It’s been growing ever since.
Where is Centering based?
* Centering is based in Marjorie’s hometown of Rochester, NY, although Marjorie has many clients who live outside the area, and/or internationally.
What kinds of people does Marjorie see?
* Marjorie has helped too many kinds of people to list here, though her clientèle includes (and has included) doctors, women, wives, husbands, adolescents, children, mothers, small business owners, the elderly and a whole lot more. Marjorie sees anyone who wants to change their life through self-help to heal, develop, and achieve their goals.
What is the ‘Centering’ philosophy, briefly?
* Since 1987, Marjorie’s vision for Centering is motivated by the idea that there is a center in each of us. When we get in touch with our center we can free ourselves from petty judgment (from both within and without) and progress spiritually, psychologically, and physiologically to heal trauma, focus energy, and gain insight. Centering is a unique therapeutic, intuitive and creative practice combining and perfecting many methods such as hands-on healing, conventional (western) psychiatry, Eastern medicine and the simple but elusive art of listening!
What are some of Marjorie Baker Price’s credentials?
* Marjorie is an RN, Community Health Nurse, and Psychiatric Nurse Clinician Level III. She’s also a certified hypnotherapist, Level III Reiki Master and published author. She has been a guest columnist for Nature’s Wisdom magazine and New Age Retailer, among others. Finally, Marjorie has appeared on both radio and television.
How can I contact her?
* You may contact Marjorie via email, phone, and/or mail. Email: Marjorie@centeringtools.com, phone/fax: 585-244-6210, mail: PO Box 68015, Rochester, NY 14618
How do I subscribe to this blog’s feed?
* Simple! Just go here and select your reader. RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication. It's useful for being automatically notified when a website you're subscribed to is updated or changed. In many instances an RSS feed reformats the source website into simple text, making it easier to read and view in your email program, for instance. If you’re not sure what a feed is (a.k.a. “RSS”) go here for a great explanation.
What are your fees?
* Please call or email if you have a question about a fee for a particular service. The fees for products are listed on the products page. Fees are all-inclusive (i.e. includes recommendations and customized audio plus materials).
What kind of products do you offer?
* We specialize in guided meditation audios for healing, empowerment, spiritual and intuitive development, lifestyle balancing, motivation and achievement. Additional related products include workbooks and courses, intuitive affirmation cards, and more. Check out the products page for specific information.
Where can I find reviews of your products?
* Reviews for products are placed in both the testimonials section and the products section.
Besides this website, where else can I purchase your products?
* You can find downloadable versions of many of Marjorie’s products at our payloadz store. Some Centering products are additionally offered on Amazon, with more in the works. We will most likely also be posting products on Ebay, and additional market-specific sites. We’ll always keep you updated when and if things change.
I’m interested in a custom hypnosis product. Can Marjorie do this for me?
* Yes! Marjorie often creates custom audios for her clients. If you have a specific area you’d like to work on and want Marjorie to make you an audio, simply email her here with instructions/details and she’ll give you a quote. Generally the price of a custom-made audio will be comparable if not equivalent to any other product of that type.
What kinds of services do you offer?
* Marjorie offers many different kinds of integrative and healing modalities, both traditional and alternative. Some of the highlights include hypnosis, meditation and relaxation training, intuitive readings, chakra balancing, therapeutic touch, reiki, dream analysis, couples’ counseling, recovery therapies, and grief and trauma counseling. Most of these services can be done both in person and on the phone. In addition there are numerous lectures, seminars and workshops presented throughout the year. Just head to the News and Events section for current info. Please refer to the services page for more information.
Does Marjorie present to special interest groups?
* All the time, including creating custom retreats for healthcare providers, educators, and corporate groups. Call or email.
Is there a fee associated with my first consultation?
* No, Marjorie offers a free initial consultation via phone to discuss your goals and concerns, and provide information and recommendations about how to best help you.
What forms of payment do you accept?
* For purchases made online, I accept through Paypal, VISA, Mastercard, Discover, AMEX, checks, ATM, and Debit. For purchases made in person (i.e. for a service) or over the phone, I accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and checks.
How does Paypal work? Do I need a Paypal account to purchase your products?
* Paypal is one of the most popular and secure ways to pay and be paid online. Originally it was Ebay’s official payment processor (and it still is), though its scope has grown immensely and many business now accept paypal just as they would a Visa or Mastercard. You do not need a Paypal account to purchase anything, though of course you can use it. If you’d like more detailed information about how to purchase downloadables and/or mail-order CD’s, visit this brief guide or email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional help.
How secure is my payment information?
* Your information is extremely secure. All online purchases here feature Secure Sockets Layer 3.0 (SSL). This means that your data is encrypted in a 128-bit key. SSL is the most popular and the most secure kind of encryption used commercially today. I will never share your payment information or any of your contact information with anyone.
I have trouble seeing/viewing one or many parts of your website-why?
* I have heard from a couple of people that they could not view my site. Most likely this was caused by security settings at the users’ place of work, although there could be other causes. If you feel that the presentation of the website looks off or incorrect, please email me or my techie at email@example.com
Who do I contact if I have a technical problem?
* You can email me or my techie for any technical issue. Technical issues include problems viewing the website, problems with newsletter subscriptions, online payment processing, and digital content delivery.
I just submitted a comment, but I don’t see it there. Why?
* To protect against spammers, I first approve all messages before they are viewable by the public. If you submitted a comment and it’s not spam, rest assured it will be viewable soon.
I signed up for your newsletter, but haven’t received anything yet, why?
* One explanation is that nothing has been sent since you signed up. Another potential reason is that your email server timed out when our newsletter software attempted to connect to it to send out a broadcast. Such instances are sometimes called “hard bounces”. Another issue might be that your email provider is black listing my emails to you. This has come up a couple of times with yahoo.com addresses, but it is rare. Please let me know if you think this is going on and I’ll report it to my newsletter provider. The last explanation is that we have incorrect contact information on you, so be sure to update your information when it changes to ensure you don’t miss out on any offers and/or announcements.
How do I subscribe to your newsletter?
* Whenever you go to www.centeringtools.com the first post you’ll see at the top is a form to subscribe to the Centering newsletter. Alternatively you can go here
What is the purpose of the newsletter?
* There are several purposes to the newsletter. First of all, I will frequently use the newsletter to provide my clients with lots of free information, useful resources, and discounts. Second, it’s a convenient way to let those who are interested know about upcoming events, product sales, new product announcements, upcoming seminars, and other logistical kinds of things. Last, and most importantly, the newsletter functions as a way to remain in contact with clients and other interested individuals whom I haven’t seen or cannot see in person (due to distance, for instance). And if you have any ideas on how to improve the newsletter, please do not hesitate to contact me!
How do I unsubscribe from your newsletter?
* At the bottom of any broadcast sent out, you’ll see a link to unsubscribe. Click the link and change your subscription status if this is what you want. We value your privacy and are just as bothered by spam as you are!
How often should I expect a newsletter?
* I generally send out two newsletters a month. If this changes we’ll let you know.
I received your newsletter, but some of the characters/links didn’t work. Why might this be?
* This might be because your email client (e.g. Microsoft Outlook Express, Thunderbird, or web mail) isn’t configured to receive html messages. If this is the case, your email will be displayed as simple text. That means that any special characters and/or formatting will appear as simple text and thus might look incorrect. To fix this you need to simply change your email settings to allow for html emails. Consult your email client’s guide for specific information on how to do this, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your question.
Where do I direct newsletter-related questions?
* If your question is technical in nature, please direct it to my techie. You can always email me with a problem, but I might forward it to my techie to facilitate its resolution. If it has to do more with the content, or if you are interested in writing for our newsletter, send your proposal to Marjorie@centeringtools.com
I want to write as a guest blogger on your website. How do I initiate this?
* Simply email Marjorie with your idea/pitch and then we’ll work out the details. I’m more than happy to also link and review other industry-related sites if you do happen to write for my blog.
Created 1-04-08/Updated: 4-06-08
Compiled by David M. Price
© Marjorie Baker Price, 2008